Everything Under The Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything And Everything All In One Place

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The difference between Novels and Fanfictions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boo

Boo

The difference between Novels and Fanfictions. Empty
PostSubject: The difference between Novels and Fanfictions.   The difference between Novels and Fanfictions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:08 pm

So I'm thinking of writing a Novel, for the fun of it really. I have a plot but I've never written in bulk before. I guess all I can do is try.
I write fanfictions a lot, and have been doing over a year now, and I obviously know the difference physically between them, I mean the difference in how they are written and the length.
I also never plan any fanfictions I write, (perhaps I plan a little in my head, but nothing big) and so I'm afraid my novel might get a little busy.
Any tips?! Smile

~Boo

Last edited by Boo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umbreia

Umbreia

PostSubject: Re: The difference between Novels and Fanfictions.   The difference between Novels and Fanfictions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:15 pm

↳ ☆ | Hey Hey ! ! Look there !
    ↳ ☆ | It's little ol' Umbreia !

Well, I'm writing a novel, so I can give you the tips that I got from some others, and of course, I have a bunch of tips from Last Year's NaNoWriMo, from professional authors. x]

I know what you mean about not planning, normally I wouldn't do that either for anything, but novels are a bit, different. If you have an idea, jot it down somewhere, and then make some key points about it, trust me, that'll help you a bit in the long run. And if you ever have a new idea whilst writing your novel, don't ditch the one you're working on, jot that idea down and keep going - else you'll never finish anything.

I think that having a general outline, like a basic plan, for your novel would be helpful. Key points that you want to follow, and you can improvise in between, as long as you get to those key points withint a certain amount of chapters or something. Helps me. =)

And and, my tip for writing characters, which you definitely already know, most likely, is to get a very detailed character sheet out, and fill it all in for the main characters. You get a feel for them and you can decide what about them you want to share, and what you don't want to share, etc. ^^

Other than that, for actually coming up with ideas for your novel, hmm, that's a toughie. Mine usually come out of the blue, to be honest. I would think that if you have a general idea, come up with a couple little ones and expand them a bit, and then pick the one that seems easiest for you to expand even more on and write about.

But meh, I'm not very good with helping out with that sort of stuff. That's just how I work on my things. x]

↳ ☆ | And that's all Umbreia had to s a y ! !
Back to top Go down
Skye

Skye

PostSubject: Re: The difference between Novels and Fanfictions.   The difference between Novels and Fanfictions. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Alright this may not be the best place to ask but since it almost the same question I'll go ahead.

I've never really written a novel or a fan fiction before and I don't know exactly what the differences are. Could someone point out the differences to me so I could deiced what kind I want to write and get started? Thanks a bunch. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The difference between Novels and Fanfictions.   The difference between Novels and Fanfictions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The difference between Novels and Fanfictions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everything Under The Stars :: Writing :: General Writing Discussion-
Jump to: